A White-throated Sparrow and a female Downy Woodpecker taking turns on a woodpecker feeder log
An Exaltation of Larks
This series, An Exaltation of Larks, examines Dr. Robert Craig's fine organization, Bird Conservation Research (BCR), bird habitats, planting gardens and landscapes mindful of the feathered wonders all about us plus a project or two that will be fun for the entire family that will bring endless joy in all seasons.
Penned by Wayne Paquette in February, 2009 this series ran in the column, The Potting Shed, Villager Newspapers
- Part I: Bird Conservation Research
- Part II: Bluebird Habitat and Feeding
- Part III: Swallows and Grosbeaks and Veerys, Oh My!
- Part IV: Feeding in Winter
- Part V: Gardening for the Birds
- Part VI: Trees for Food and Cover... and More!
- Part VII: Capitalizing on Your Ecosystems
- Part VIII: Phoebes, Hummingbirds and Blue Jays
- Part IX: The Crow and Round Robin to BCR
- The Pileated Woodpecker